Last Date 31st July 2009
IISER-TVM invites applications from Indian nationals possessing the prescribed qualification and experience for the following positions.
Assistant Registrar (Academic & Administration) - 1 Post, Pay Scale : Rs. 8000 - 13500
Assistant Librarian -1 post, Pay Scale : Rs.8000-13500
Private Secretary -1 Post, Pay Scale : Rs.6500-10500
Library Information Assistant -1 Post, Pay Scale : Rs.5500-9000Accountant : 01 Post, Pay Scale : Rs.5000-8000
General Information and details about the posts advertised:Further Info About Jobs 2009 at IISER Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
1. All the above posts are as per the Central Government pay scales and carry
allowances like Dearness Allowance, House Rent, Transport, City Compensatory
etc. as admissible to Central Government employees. The pay scales given are
under revision as per the recommendations of the 6th Central Pay Commission.
Though the posts are initially tenable at Thiruvananthapuram, these will become
tenable at Vithura, 40 km away, where the permanent campus of IISER is coming
2. All those appointed to permanent posts in IISER will be covered by the new Defined Contributory Pension Scheme as per the Govt. of India, Ministry
of Finance Notification No.5/7/2003-ECB&PR dated 22nd December, 2003.
Employees are eligible to have other benefits like Medical, LTC, etc. as per the
Government / Institute norms.
3. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities/ Institutions. First class degree holders are preferred. Candidates
with higher experience and qualifications may be considered for higher levels.
4. Reservation as per Govt. of India norms will be followed.
5. Age should not exceed the limit as on the closing date of receipt of completed application.
6. All posts could be considered for filling up on deputation basis on Foreign Service terms in the case of the candidates working in Govt. organization/ Public sector undertaking/Autonomous Research Institutions etc. Such candidates should forward their application through proper channel and with an undertaking from their Employer that the applicant, if selected, will be relieved within one month of receipt of appointment order. However, an advance copy of the application may be sent
7. Candidates applying for more than one post shall apply separately for each post indicating the name and Code number of the post.
8. The prescribed Essential Qualifications/Experience indicated are the minimum and mere possession of the same will not entitle the candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large, the Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for written exam / skill test / interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. The candidates should, therefore, furnish details of all the qualifications and experience possessed in the relevant field, over and above the minimum qualifications prescribed with copies of certificates.
9. Relaxation in age, educational qualification and / or experience will be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates.
10. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be
entertained on the matter.
11. Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
12. Application incomplete in any respect and not accompanied by relevant
certificates / documents / photograph will be summarily rejected.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates may apply in the prescribed application format available at IISER-TVM website http://www.iisertvm.ac.in/ The completed
Application, along with recent passport size photograph and copies of relevant
certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, caste,
experience etc. should be sent in a closed cover super scribing “Application for
the post of ______ Code _______” to the Registrar, Indian Institute of Science
Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram, CET Campus, Engineering College PO, Thiruvananthapuram-695016 so as to reach on or before 31st July 2009.