BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
No. 14-1/2009-Rectt. Last Date 10th August 2009
Recruitment of DGMs in Telecom Management Services(TMS) and DGMs in Telecom Accounts & Finance Services (TAFS) Exam.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. [BSNL] will recruit 150 DGMs in Telecom Management Services and 60 DGMs in Telecom Accounts & Finance Services Exam [subject to variation depending on the availability of vacancies] through Written Test & personnel interview to be held around end of September 2009 on All India basis, as per the details given below. The details are available at BSNL website: www.bsnl.co.in also. The Exact date of Written Test will be announced later on.
Applications are invited by Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) for the posts of Dy. General Managers (DGM) through Written Test & Personnel Interview on All India basis :
DGMs in Telecom Management Services (TMS) - 150 Posts
DGMs in Telecom Accounts & Finance Services(TAFS) - 60 Posts
1. Scale of Pay
The post of DGM is in the Revised IDA pay-scale of Rs. 32,900-58,000/- (annual increment @ 3% of basic pay) plus HRA, Perks, Medical Benefits, LTC etc. as admissible as per company rules.
2. Selection for a Particular Circle & Service liability
The BSNL comprises of a number of territorial Circles and functional Circles. The Telecom Management Services (TMS) and Telecom Accounts & Finance Services (TAFS) are All India Cadres and will be controlled by the BSNL Corporate Office centrally. The officers so appointed in these services are liable to be transferred anywhere in India at any place falling in the operational area of BSNL. The BSNL has the right to post any selected DGMs in Telecom Management Services and DGMs in Telecom Accounts & Finance Services to any of the Circles either temporarily or on permanent basis. The decision of BSNL in this regard shall be final and binding. The service conditions, seniority etc. of selected candidates will be determined as per rules of the Company issued from time to time.
3.1. Nationality: Only Indian Nationals would be eligible to apply.
3.2. Educational Qualifications:
Candidates who have passed the qualifying Examination with the minimum percentage of marks as detailed below are eligible to apply:-
Post Educational Qualification
DGM (TMS) Ist class (60% marks or more) BE/B. Tech or equivalent Engineering Degree from recognized institution in Electrical, Electronics and Communications/ IT/Computer/ Computer Sciences. 5% relaxation in minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates DGM TAFS CA/ICWA/CS
3.3. Eligibility criteria / Work Experience Candidates from public sector, private sector and government are eligible to apply. All candidates, however, must fulfill all three criteria mentioned below:
i) Twelve  years of post qualification working experience, as on 01.08.2009
ii) Minimum of 3 years of experience as on 01.08.2009 in
a) E-4 grade as defined in DPE guidelines [IDA pre-revised scale Rs.14500-350- 18700/Revised IDA Scale Rs.29100-54500] in case of PSU experience or
b) Equivalent annual gross salary, which comes to approximately Rs. Seven lacs gross, in case of private sector or
c) CDA scale Rs.10000-325-15200 (pre-revised scale in case of government posts)
iii) Minimum work experience of 5 years, as on 01.08.2009, in a company with an annual turnover more than Rs 100 Cr. (in case of PSU, Private Companies)
3.4. The candidates from Public Sector and Government Service have to produce the ‘No Objection Certificate’issued on letter head or duly stamped by the competent authority at the time of interview, without which they would not be permitted to appear for the interview.
4. Age: he applicant for DGMs in Telecom Management Services and DGMs in Telecom Accounts & Finance Services should not exceeding 45 years of age as on 1.8.2009. However, this age is relaxable as per standing instructions on this subject for:-
i) For Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes upto 5 years;
ii) For OBC Candidates(Central List) upto 3 years;
iii) For PH candidates up to 10 years irrespective of his category i.e. OC, OBC, SC, ST
iv) Ex-Service Men who have put in not less than six months continuous service in armed forces of the Union shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service from their actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed by more than three years the maximum age limit prescribed for the post for which the candidate seek appointment, she/he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
v) For certain other categories like displaced persons from East Pakistan[now Bangladesh], repatriates from Burma and Ceylon [now Srilanka],residents of Goa, Daman & Diu, persons migrated from Kenya, Uganda, Republic of Tanzania as per instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
vi) For Residents of J&K – Relaxation shall be in accordance with DoP&T’s Notification No.15012/7/1991-Estt.(D) dtd. 7.12.2007 pertaining to “Residents of State of Jammu and Kashmir (Relaxation of Upper Age Limit for Recruitment to Central Civil Services & Posts) Rules 1997”.
5. Scheme of Selection:
(i) All the candidates shall be screened based on fulfillment of eligibility criteria of age, qualification and work experience.
(ii) All eligible candidates post the screening shall have to undergo an assessment process comprising cognitive, management aptitude sections. All eligible candidates appearing in the assessment process(Written Exam), shall be given a score based on their performance in the same.
(iii) At the end of the assessment process, a merit list will be created and candidates will be short listed based on number of posts and order in merit list.
(iv) All short listed candidates will be called for an interview, the Date and Venue for which will be intimated to such candidates in due course. All short-listed candidates appearing for the interview will be given a score based on their performance in the same.
(v) The selection shall be based on the final merit list created based on the combined score from assessment process and interview with weightage as under:
(a) Assessment process (Written Exam) 75 %
(b) Personal Interview 25%
6. Minimum qualifying standards
BSNL may fix minimum qualifying marks for OC/OBC/SC/ST/PH candidates for each section as well as in the aggregate at any stage at a later date. Candidates obtaining less than minimum-qualifying marks in any of the sections or in aggregate shall not be considered for inclusion in the merit-list.
The appearance of the name in the merit-list does not confer any right on the candidate for employment. A final call letter/appointment letter will be issued to the candidate after completion of all other formalities.
7. Scheme of examination and syllabus:
There will be one paper with 150 multiple choice objective type question of three hours duration as per the syllabus mentioned below:
Part-I: Management Aptitude [75 questions] containing the subjects of General Management, Management Information Systems, Managerial Economics, Marketing, Accounting & Finance, Human Resources Management, Organisation Behaviour, Strategic Management, Operations Management, Telecom Knowledge, and Current events of national & international importance
Part-II: Cognitive ability [75 questions] containing the subjects of Quantitative ability & Data sufficiency, Reasoning [e.g. Analytical, logical, critical reasoning] and Verbal ability, reading & analysis.
8. Choice of Examination Centre
(i) Applicants are required to indicate their choice of Examination Centre [item no. 9 of application form] at which they wish to appear.
(ii) Written examination will be held in five cities i.e. Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Guwahati.
(iii) Applicants are required to indicate two preference of their choice for Examination Centres in the application form. However it is the sole discretion of the Company to allot any examination centre to the applicant.
(iv) The date and venue for holding Interview of the short listed candidates of written exam will be intimated to such candidates in due course.
9. Application form and Fee for examination
(i) The specimen of the application form is included in this advertisement and the same can be downloaded from BSNL website: www.bsnl.co.in. The completed application form should be sent by Registered post/Speed post to the DGM (Admn), O/o the CGM (Mtce.), BSNL, Northern Telecom. Region, Kidwai Bhawan, Room No.255, IInd floor, Janpath, New Delhi-110 001. The envelope containing application form should be marked “Application for DGMs in Telecom Management Services Examination-2009” or “Application for DGMs in Telecom Accounts & Finance Services Examination-2009” as the case may be, in bold letters on top of the envelope.
(ii) Original advertisement or photocopy of the format in the advertisement must not be used for applying and in case a candidate submits such an application the same will not be entertained.
(iii) An examination fee of Rs 1500/-(Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred only) is payable in the form of demand draft/Pay Order drawn in favour of A.O. (Cash) O/o CGM, NTR, New Delhi. The amount of fee shall not be accepted in any other form. Fees once paid shall NOT be refunded under any circumstances nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
10. No Fee payable by SC/ST/PH
Applicants belonging to SC/ST/PH categories only are exempted from the examination fee. In the case of Physically handicapped candidates, this exemption will, however, be available to only those handicapped persons who would otherwise be eligible for appointment to the post on the basis of the standards of medical fitness prescribed for the post (including any concessions specifically extended to the physically handicapped.
11. Traveling Allowance to SC/ST Candidates
The applicants belonging to SC/ST categories will be entitled to T.A. as per provisions of Ministry of Finance (Deptt. of Expenditure) O.M. No.19014/3/77-E.IV (B) dtd. 17.02.1978.
12. Closing date for receipt of Application Forms
(i) Application forms complete in every respect must reach on or before 10th August 2009. Applications received after the closing date or not accompanied by the demand draft/Pay order [wherever applicable] for the prescribed examination fee or incomplete in any respect shall be summarily rejected and no communication in respect of the rejected application forms shall be entertained. Fees paid shall also NOT be refunded. BSNL shall not be responsible for any postal delay.
(ii) The applicants would be admitted to the examination on the basis of the information furnished by them in their application form. They are, therefore, advised to ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions before applying. The requisite certificates are to be produced at the time of interview for checking/scrutiny. In case it is found at a later stage that the information furnished by an applicant is false or an applicant does not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, the candidature of such applicants would be cancelled and no correspondence in this regard would be entertained. Issuance of an admit card for the examination will NOT confer any right for appointment. Appointment will be solely subject to fulfillment of all eligibility conditions.
13. Probation-cum-Training and Bond
(i) Probation will be on-job for a period of two years, which will include one year of specialized classroom as well as field training.
(ii) All candidates shall, before their appointment as DGMs in Telecom Management Services and DGMs in Telecom Accounts & Finance Services, have to successfully undergo prescribed training as per the training plan laid down and amended by the Company from time to time.
(iii) All candidates provisionally recruited shall execute Bonds in the format specified by the BSNL indicating their willingness to serve the BSNL for a period of at least 5 years from the date of their appointment as DGMs.
14 List of enclosures
(i) Three identical passport size photographs out of which two should be pasted (not stapled or pinned) on the application form, in the manner as indicted in the application form, and third photographs should be attached to the application (not to be pasted or attested)
(ii) Two self addressed unstamped envelopes of 27 x 12 cms size
(iii) Bank Draft/Pay order for Rs.1500/- (payable at New Delhi) - [Not required for SC/ST/PH candidates]
15. Any dispute in regard to the recruitment will be subject to the Courts/Tribunals having jurisdiction over the place of concerned Circle office of BSNL where the candidate submits his/her application.
Further Info About Recruitment of DGMs (TMS) and DGMs in (TAFS) @BSNL July 2009t
13 July 2009
Recruitment of DGMs in Telecom Management Services (TMS) and DGMs in Telecom Accounts & Finance Services (TAFS) @ BSNL | July 2009
Relateded Jobs on Management, Telecommunication
Jobs Month Wise
- KSKRA BRNS Fellowships | August 2009
- ALLAHABAD HIGH COURT | ARO Vacancies (468) August ...
- TNPSC Executive Officer Grade-III Vacancies | appl...
- TNPSC Medical Officers | apply Online | 2009
- RECRUITMENT OF JUNIOR COTTON PURCHASERS (102) @ C...
- TNPSC Executive Officer Grade-I Vacancies | Apply ...
- TNPSC Physical Education Vacancies (43) | Apply On...
- GEA Process Engineering (India) Pvt Ltd Block No 8...
- ANUSHA PROJECTS Requires Civil, Mechanical and Min...
- Army SSC Medical Corps Entry | July 2009
- IIFT Faculty job for WTO Studies Jul09
- AAI Job Vacancies | Chennai August 2009
- RBI Mumbai Officers Grade - B | Recruitments 2009
- Walk In @ NCAOR Goa | August 2009
- RGU Faculty Vacancies | August 2009
- CUTN Faculty Jobs | Tiruvarur | August 2009
- HEC Middle Level Officers | July 2009 | Apply Onli...
- HLL Engineering Vacancies | North India August 200...
- Veterinary/Agricultural Teaching Jobs @ SKUAST | ...
- IIT Bhubaneswar Job Vacancies August 2009
- APPSC Group-I Services Officers vacancy | Recruitm...
- Administrative Jobs @ Bose Institute Kolkata | Jul...
- BIET Job Vacancies @ Jhansi | August 2009
- IIT Kanpur Administration & Health Job Vacancies
- Bihar Administrative Positons @ Central University...
- MPSC Deputy Director Jobs | July 2009
- RIMSNR Staff Jobs in UP Rural Institute of Medical...
- Bangalore Railways Jobs | Walk In (RITES) | July ...
- SERC Scientist Vacancies Chennai | July 2009
- MGAHV Faculty Jobs July 2009
- Vacancies @ VSSC | ISRO | Thiruvananthapuram July ...
- Guest Faculty Vacancies @ Bundelkhand University J...
- Faculty Jobs @ Anna University | July 2009
- Rajiv Gandhi University Faculty Jobs | July 2009
- Walk In | guest Faculty | MBA @ Pondicherry Univer...
- Teacher jobs @ Ponducherry University | July 2009
- Walk In | Faculty Jobs @ Punjab University | July ...
- Faculty Jobs Bioinformatics / Comp. Science/ Maths...
- BPS Mahila Vishwavidyalaya Faculty Vacancies | Jul...
- JNTU Special Drive Faculty Vacancies | July 2009
- UPCS Recruitments | July 2009
- Army SSC Women Law Officers Jobs | Entry April 201...
- RPSC Pharma Faculty/Archivist/Town Planner Vacanci...
- JNTU Faculty vacancies @ Hyderabad | July 2009
- Walk In For Faculty Jobs @ DCRUST Haryana | July 2...
- SSB Technical Jobs (468), July 2009
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineers vacancies @ HC...
- Walk In | Faculty Jobs @ GJUST Haryana July 2009
- Walk In For Faculty Vacancies @ SLIET | Punjab Jul...
- IT Jobs @ Punjab Infotech July 2009 | Apply Online...
- Engineering/Executive Jobs Walk In 2009 @ Bureau V...
- Haryana PSC Dental Surgeon Jobs | July 2009
- Data Entry Operator Vacancies @ HUDA Haryana | Jul...
- Army Medical Corps (SSC) Jobs | July 2009
- Job Vacancies @ Shreyas Gramin Bank | July 2009
- Faculty vacancies @ Dr. BHIMRAO AMBEDKAR AGRA UNIV...
- Faculty Jobs @ Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya (GV...
- Job Vacancies @ Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) ...
- Vacancies @ Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences ...
- Assistant Technical Officer Jobs @ University of M...
- Medical Officers Jobs ( 1396) @ MPSC | July 2009
- MPSC, Indutrial Officer (Technical) Jobs | July 20...
- MPSC Opthalmic Surgeon Vacancies, July 2009
- Production/Marketing Manager Jobs @ Maharashtra St...
- Delhi Assistant Professors Vacancies @ Kirori Mal ...
- Faculty vacancies @ BPUT, Orissa | July 2009
- BDL Hyderabad Administrative Posts | July 2009 | A...
- TCIL Delhi Jobs | July 2009
- Contract Teacher Jobs @ DoE, Delhi, July 2009
- Vacancies @ Assam University, JULY 2009
- Chandigarh IT Job Vacancies @ DOEACC | July 2009
- Scientist C Vacancy 2009 @ NARI Pune
- Teaching/Non Teaching Jobs @ SK University, AP | ...
- Quality Control officer Jobs @ IOCL, July 2009 | ...
- Administrative Officer Vacancies @ NIACL, Mumbai |...
- Stiphendary Trainee Vacancies @ BARC, July 2009
- Teaching And Non - Teaching Jobs @ CUJK, July 2009...
- ST Medical Officer Jobs (484) @ MPPSC | July 2009
- CSIR - CASE Exam Date Extended | 31st July 2009
- Vacancies @ NBRC, July 2009
- UPPSC Job Vacancies, July 2009
- Technical Jobs @ NGRI | July 2009
- MPPSC Statistical Offiicer Vacancies | July 2009
- Assistant Engineer Jobs @ MPPSC | July 2009 | Appl...
- Project Scientist Jobs @ NIOT, Chennai, July 2009
- Army SSC Technical Jobs, July 2009
- Technical Assistant Jobs @ ISRO, SHAR, Sriharikot...
- Faculty Vacancies @ EFL, July 2009
- Librarian Job @ Gauhati University, Gawhati, July ...
- Vacancies @ Manipal University, July 2009
- Facuty Jobs @ Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, July...
- Teaching Jobs @ Anna University, Chennai, July 200...
- Pune Engineer/Office Assistants Jobs @ NCCS | July...
- Jobs @ High Court, Delhi, July 2009
- Jobs @ DHFW Society, Kaithal | July 2009
- Assistant Jobs @ ISRO, July 2009| Apply Online
- IT Jobs @ IRDA, Hyderabad, July 2009
- Faculty Jobs @ NIRD, July 2009
- Non-academic Jobs @ NIRD, July 2009
- Lecturer Jobs Walk In @ NIT Jalander, July 2009
- ▼ July (161)