Government of India
Department of Space
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
SPACE APPLICATIONS CENTRE (SAC)
Ahmedabad – 380 015
Advertisement No.SAC: 02/2009
Last Date 10th August 2009
SAC invites on-line applications for the post of SCIENTIST/ENGINEER SC/SDs as per the
Scientist / Engineer SC
1. M.Sc./M.Sc.(Tech.)/M.Tech. in Geophysics/ Applied Geophysics with First Class with 65% marks or above.
The selected candidates will be required to work on parameter retrieval such as gravity,
wave-height, ocean surface wind, sea wave, optical properties of ocean, chlorophyll etc.
Selected candidates will also work on modeling for ocean processes, coastal environment and
2. 2 M.Sc./M.Sc.(Tech.)/M.Tech. in Geology/ Applied Geology with First Class with 65% marks or above.
a) The candidates will be required to work in a multi disciplinary team for the study and
modeling related to natural resources, coastal environment, ocean colour and the studies related to planetary sciences. They will also be involved in analysis of the satellite data along with ancillary and GPS data for retrieval and modeling. The work will also involve collection of insitu data in different parts of the country.
b) The selected candidates will be required to work on Study of lithosphere, marine geology, lunar geology (Chandrayaan-1 data) coastal and marine process using multi-spectral, hyper spectral and microwave remote sensing data and GIS.
3. M.Tech. in Geo-informatics/ Remote Sensing & GIS with First Class.
The selected candidates will be required to work in conceptualization and development of integrated geospatial services involving use of spaceborne imagery and spaceborne/ terrestrial communication to develop advanced tools for location based services. They will also work on developing tools for management of remote sensing data and derived products and their distribution through web portal using web services tools for handling similar data and their applications.
4. M.Tech. in Optics/ Applied Optics with First Class.
The selected candidate will work on Optical design, analysis and simulation of various optical systems. The selected candidate will carry out detailed tolerance analysis, optimization of optical systems, straylight analysis and baffle design, Ground systems design & realization, Assembly & integration of H/W.
5. M.Tech. in Physical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Semi-conductor Devices , Opto Electronics with First Class.
The selected candidate need to understand various advanced electro-optical detector array architectures over UV to far infrared spectral region and arrive at innovative methods and working out new architectures as well as realizing them through manufacturer. They will carry out design and development of test methods and characterization set-ups for testing detectors and focal plane assemblies.
6.M.E. in Electrical / Microwave Engineering with specialization in radar engineering with First Class.
The selected candidate will be required to work in development of algorithms for analysis of polarimetric/ polarimetric-interferometric SAR data from RISAT and Mini SAR, and evaluation of GPS signal for earth resources applications.
7. M.Tech. in Integrated Circuit Technology/ Solid State Technology/ Microelectronics /
Microfabrication with First Class or M.Sc. Physics with Physics of Thin Films or Thin Films Technology as specialization First Class with 65 % marks or above.
The selected candidate will be required to work for development of thin film processes, advanced direct write optical/ EB lithographic techniques for the realization of micron/ sub micron devices. He shall be conversant with the RF Magnetron Sputtering/ EB evaporation process, optical lithographic process and have sound knowledge in assembly and packaging of high frequency circuits/devices required for communication and microwave remote sensing payloads.
8. Ph.D. in Physics/ Applied Physics/ Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics
The incumbents shall be required to carry out modeling of space borne and ground based instruments for remote sensing in visible, thermal, ultraviolet, microwave and X-ray regions of electromagnetic radiation as well as entire imaging process for low earth, geostationary and lunar/planetary orbits.
9. Ph.D. in Coastal Ecosystem/ Ecology/ Botany/ Environmental Sciences/ Ecology. OR M.Sc. in
Coastal Ecosystem/Ecology/Botany/ Environmental Sciences/ Ecology with First class with 65% marks or above + 4 years research experience in the field of coastal ecosystems/ coastal zone
management/ coastal ecosystem modeling
Desirable Qualification : Working experience of satellite remote sensing/GIS, coastal ecosystem modeling and expertise in insitu data collection using ecological methods, knowledge/experience on identification of coastal flora at taxonomic level and computer programming. The candidates will be required to work in an interdisciplinary team for inventory, monitoring and modeling related to coastal ecosystems.
Candidates will be involved in analyzing satellite data along with ancillary / in situ data for modeling related to sustainable management of coastal zone and also study the impact of climate change. Job also requires frequent collection of in situ data along the Indian coast.
10. Ph.D. in Physics / Atmospheric Sciences / Applied Mathematics OR M.Sc. in Physics/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Applied Mathematics with First Class with 65% marks or above plus 4 years research experience.
Selected candidate will be required to work on Geophysical parameter retrieval, and validation using remote sensing data for parameters like wind vectors, rain fall, sea surface temperature, atmospheric temperature and humidity profile etc. They will also be required to develop advanced assimilation techniques for using Remote Sensing derived parameters in numerical whether prediction models.
11. Ph.D. in Applied Optics, Optics OR M.Tech. in Applied Optics, Optics with First Class plus 2
years relevant experience.
Selected candidate will be required to work on design and analysis of optical systems. In addition to design and related theoretical work, the candidate will be expected to use various optical test systems for integration and testing them and prepare technical reports on the tests carried out. The candidates are also expected to work on advanced Electro-optical systems. The selected candidates will be working under the guidance of Senior Scientists of SAC on various projects and they should be willing to work anywhere in India to develop and test the systems.
12. Ph.D in Semiconductor devices, Photonics, Applied Electronics, computational optical imaging or laser physics. OR M.Tech. in Semiconductor devices, Photonics, Applied Electronics,
Computational Optical Imaging or Laser Physics with First Class plus 2 years relevant
Selected candidate will be required to work on design and analysis of electro-optical systems. In addition to design and related theoretical work, the candidate will be expected to use various electrooptical test systems for integration and testing them and prepare technical reports on the tests carried out. The candidates are also expected to work on advanced Electro-optical systems. The selected candidates will be working under the guidance of Senior Scientists of SAC on various projects and they should be willing to work anywhere in India to develop and test the systems
Pay and Allowances: The posts carry the following pay scales:
1. Scientist/Engineer-SC Rs.15600-39100 (PB-3) + Grade Pay :Rs.5400/- per month.
2. Scientist/Engineer-SD Rs.15600-39100(PB-3) + Grade Pay :Rs. 6600/- per month.
How to apply
Application should be registered on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided
with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future
reference. It is also mandatory to send hard copy of on-line application summary with
signature and colour photograph pasted in the appropriate column along with attested true
copies of the testimonials such as Marksheets and certificates of all Educational Qualification,
Caste certificate (if applicable), experience certificate etc. to the following address superscribing the Advertisement Number, Post Number and Registration Number on the Front side of the cover and should reach on or before 10/08/2009 through ordinary post only.
RECRUITMENT SECTION (P & GA)
BUILDING NO. 30-D,
SPACE APPLICATIONS CENTRE (ISRO)
AMBAWADI VISTAR P.O.
AHMEDABAD – 380 015
1. The posts are temporary but likely to be continued indefinitely.
2. At present the place of posting is Ahmedabad but liable to be transferred to any of the
Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/ Department of Space elsewhere.
3. Age as on 31/07/2009 :
a) The age limit for the post of Scientist/Engineer-SC is 35 years but relaxable by 5 years in
case of SC/ST candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates. Ex-servicemen and
Persons with Disabilities(PWD) candidates are eligible for upper age relaxation as per
Government of India’s rules.
b) There is no age limit for the post of Scientist/Engineer-SD
4. Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid to and fro Second Class Railway Fare by shortest route or bus fare, whichever is less, on production of proof of journey, such as the
Railway Tickets or bus tickets etc. Sleeper class fare will be paid subject to production of copy
of Railway Tickets or bus tickets etc.
5. The employees will be governed by New Defined Contribution Pension Scheme.
6. Stipulated experience will be reckonable only after acquiring essential qualification.
7. Candidates working in Government/Public Undertaking/Quasi-Government/ Autonomous
Organisation should ensure that their applications are sent through proper channel. In case,
they anticipate any delay in forwarding their applications, they may submit advance copies of
their applications before the due date. However, they should produce at the time of attending
the test/interview in SAC, either a ‘NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE’ from their respective
organisation in original, or an attested copy of the communication under which their applications
have been forwarded to SAC for consideration.
8. Candidates should produce original testimonials such as mark-sheets and certificates of all
education qualification, as a proof of the details furnished in their applications, at the time of
Interview for verification failing which they will not be allowed to appear for interview nor the cost of the travel reimbursed/paid.
9. Selected candidates may have to join the post immediately on being found fit by a Medical
10. No correspondence will be entertained with the candidates who are not short-listed for
11. The candidates may appear for the interview in Hindi in case they prefer so.
12. Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
13. SAC reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts.
14. Incomplete applications and those received after the due date will be rejected out-right.
15. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL BE A DISQUALIFICATION
Further Info About Scientist/Engineer Vacancies at SAC, ISRO July 2009
Apply Online Site for on line application will be open from 13.07.2009 to 31.07.2009 from 08:00 hours to 20: 00 hours.
12 July 2009
Jobs Month Wise
- KSKRA BRNS Fellowships | August 2009
- ALLAHABAD HIGH COURT | ARO Vacancies (468) August ...
- TNPSC Executive Officer Grade-III Vacancies | appl...
- TNPSC Medical Officers | apply Online | 2009
- RECRUITMENT OF JUNIOR COTTON PURCHASERS (102) @ C...
- TNPSC Executive Officer Grade-I Vacancies | Apply ...
- TNPSC Physical Education Vacancies (43) | Apply On...
- GEA Process Engineering (India) Pvt Ltd Block No 8...
- ANUSHA PROJECTS Requires Civil, Mechanical and Min...
- Army SSC Medical Corps Entry | July 2009
- IIFT Faculty job for WTO Studies Jul09
- AAI Job Vacancies | Chennai August 2009
- RBI Mumbai Officers Grade - B | Recruitments 2009
- Walk In @ NCAOR Goa | August 2009
- RGU Faculty Vacancies | August 2009
- CUTN Faculty Jobs | Tiruvarur | August 2009
- HEC Middle Level Officers | July 2009 | Apply Onli...
- HLL Engineering Vacancies | North India August 200...
- Veterinary/Agricultural Teaching Jobs @ SKUAST | ...
- IIT Bhubaneswar Job Vacancies August 2009
- APPSC Group-I Services Officers vacancy | Recruitm...
- Administrative Jobs @ Bose Institute Kolkata | Jul...
- BIET Job Vacancies @ Jhansi | August 2009
- IIT Kanpur Administration & Health Job Vacancies
- Bihar Administrative Positons @ Central University...
- MPSC Deputy Director Jobs | July 2009
- RIMSNR Staff Jobs in UP Rural Institute of Medical...
- Bangalore Railways Jobs | Walk In (RITES) | July ...
- SERC Scientist Vacancies Chennai | July 2009
- MGAHV Faculty Jobs July 2009
- Vacancies @ VSSC | ISRO | Thiruvananthapuram July ...
- Guest Faculty Vacancies @ Bundelkhand University J...
- Faculty Jobs @ Anna University | July 2009
- Rajiv Gandhi University Faculty Jobs | July 2009
- Walk In | guest Faculty | MBA @ Pondicherry Univer...
- Teacher jobs @ Ponducherry University | July 2009
- Walk In | Faculty Jobs @ Punjab University | July ...
- Faculty Jobs Bioinformatics / Comp. Science/ Maths...
- BPS Mahila Vishwavidyalaya Faculty Vacancies | Jul...
- JNTU Special Drive Faculty Vacancies | July 2009
- UPCS Recruitments | July 2009
- Army SSC Women Law Officers Jobs | Entry April 201...
- RPSC Pharma Faculty/Archivist/Town Planner Vacanci...
- JNTU Faculty vacancies @ Hyderabad | July 2009
- Walk In For Faculty Jobs @ DCRUST Haryana | July 2...
- SSB Technical Jobs (468), July 2009
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineers vacancies @ HC...
- Walk In | Faculty Jobs @ GJUST Haryana July 2009
- Walk In For Faculty Vacancies @ SLIET | Punjab Jul...
- IT Jobs @ Punjab Infotech July 2009 | Apply Online...
- Engineering/Executive Jobs Walk In 2009 @ Bureau V...
- Haryana PSC Dental Surgeon Jobs | July 2009
- Data Entry Operator Vacancies @ HUDA Haryana | Jul...
- Army Medical Corps (SSC) Jobs | July 2009
- Job Vacancies @ Shreyas Gramin Bank | July 2009
- Faculty vacancies @ Dr. BHIMRAO AMBEDKAR AGRA UNIV...
- Faculty Jobs @ Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya (GV...
- Job Vacancies @ Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) ...
- Vacancies @ Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences ...
- Assistant Technical Officer Jobs @ University of M...
- Medical Officers Jobs ( 1396) @ MPSC | July 2009
- MPSC, Indutrial Officer (Technical) Jobs | July 20...
- MPSC Opthalmic Surgeon Vacancies, July 2009
- Production/Marketing Manager Jobs @ Maharashtra St...
- Delhi Assistant Professors Vacancies @ Kirori Mal ...
- Faculty vacancies @ BPUT, Orissa | July 2009
- BDL Hyderabad Administrative Posts | July 2009 | A...
- TCIL Delhi Jobs | July 2009
- Contract Teacher Jobs @ DoE, Delhi, July 2009
- Vacancies @ Assam University, JULY 2009
- Chandigarh IT Job Vacancies @ DOEACC | July 2009
- Scientist C Vacancy 2009 @ NARI Pune
- Teaching/Non Teaching Jobs @ SK University, AP | ...
- Quality Control officer Jobs @ IOCL, July 2009 | ...
- Administrative Officer Vacancies @ NIACL, Mumbai |...
- Stiphendary Trainee Vacancies @ BARC, July 2009
- Teaching And Non - Teaching Jobs @ CUJK, July 2009...
- ST Medical Officer Jobs (484) @ MPPSC | July 2009
- CSIR - CASE Exam Date Extended | 31st July 2009
- Vacancies @ NBRC, July 2009
- UPPSC Job Vacancies, July 2009
- Technical Jobs @ NGRI | July 2009
- MPPSC Statistical Offiicer Vacancies | July 2009
- Assistant Engineer Jobs @ MPPSC | July 2009 | Appl...
- Project Scientist Jobs @ NIOT, Chennai, July 2009
- Army SSC Technical Jobs, July 2009
- Technical Assistant Jobs @ ISRO, SHAR, Sriharikot...
- Faculty Vacancies @ EFL, July 2009
- Librarian Job @ Gauhati University, Gawhati, July ...
- Vacancies @ Manipal University, July 2009
- Facuty Jobs @ Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, July...
- Teaching Jobs @ Anna University, Chennai, July 200...
- Pune Engineer/Office Assistants Jobs @ NCCS | July...
- Jobs @ High Court, Delhi, July 2009
- Jobs @ DHFW Society, Kaithal | July 2009
- Assistant Jobs @ ISRO, July 2009| Apply Online
- IT Jobs @ IRDA, Hyderabad, July 2009
- Faculty Jobs @ NIRD, July 2009
- Non-academic Jobs @ NIRD, July 2009
- Lecturer Jobs Walk In @ NIT Jalander, July 2009
- ▼ July (161)