Punjab Agricultural University
Applications from the eligible candidates are invited for the following posts on the prescribed form (alongwith detailed qualifications, experience requirements & other relevant information) obtainable from the Assistant Registrar, Thapar Hall, PAU, Ludhiana from 9.00 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. on payment of Rs.150/- for the posts at Sr.No.1 to 28, Rs.50/- for the post at Sr.No.29 and Rs.20/- for post at Sr.No.30 either in cash at the counter or by sending Bank Draft in favour of the Comptroller, PAU, Ludhiana alongwith self addressed envelope (28x12cms) bearing postage stamps of Rs.19/-. The duly completed application forms with prescribed fee of Rs.500/- (for posts at Sr.No.1 & 2), Rs.300/- (for posts at Sr.No.3 to 9), Rs.200/- (for posts at Sr.Nos.10 to 28), Rs.75/- for the post at Sr.No.29 and Rs.30/- for post at Sr.No.30/- in the shape of Bank draft/Indian Postal Orders payable to the Comptroller, PAU, Ludhiana should reach the Registrar, PAU, Ludhiana by 21.07.2009 (Tuesday).
1. Dean, College of Basic Sciences & Humanities (For a term of four years)
2. Senior Research Engineer
3. Associate Professor of Botany
4. Associate Professor of Vegetable Crops
5. Extension Specialist (Soil & Water Engineering)
7. Plant Pathologist
8. Zoologist (Rodents)
9. Agricultural Engineer at outstation
10. Assistant Ornithologist
11. Assistant Biotechnologist
12. Assistant Plant Bacteriologist
13. Assistant Geneticist
14. Assistant Professor (Soil Science), KVK
15. Assistant Botanist
16. Assistant Professor (Chemistry)
17. District Extension Specialist (Vegetables), KVK
18. Assistant Horticulturist at outstation
19. Assistant Professor (Horticulture) (Four posts) KVK’s
20. Assistant Professor (Agronomy) (Three posts) KVK’s
21. Assistant Soil Chemist
22. Assistant Plant Pathologist
23. Assistant Seed Production Specialist
24. Assistant Professor (Vety. Science)
25. Assistant Professor (Nanotechnology)
26. Assistant Professor (Nanoscience)
27. Accounts Officer & equivalent
28. Admn.-cum-Accounts Officer & equivalent (Three posts)
29. Store-Keepers (G-III)
30. Chowkidars (Three posts)
Sr.No.1 : Rs.16400-22400 (with initial start of Rs.17300) plus Rs.1000/- p.m.as special allowance & rent free accommodation
Sr.No.2 : Rs.16400-22400
Sr. No.10-26 : Rs.8000-13500
Sr.No.27: Rs.12000-15500 plus Rs.600/- p.m. special allowance
Sr.No.28: Rs.7220-11660 plus Rs.600/- p.m. special allowance
Sr.No.30. Rs.2520-4140 (with initial start of Rs.2620/-)
Note 1 (For post at Sr.No.1)
Outside candidates (other than those working in PAU) can be taken on deputation.
Note 2 (For Post at Sr.No.1 to 9)
The term good academic record with Ph.D. degree shall imply that the candidate possesses at least second division at Master’s degree level.
3. Applications, which are incomplete/not on the prescribed form/received after the due date/received without the prescribed application fee shall not be considered. The University shall not be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit.
4. Higher start or advance increments can be given to the deserving candidates.
5. For post at Sr.No.10 to 26, the candidates must have qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by ASRB/UGC/CSIR.
6. In-service candidates should apply through proper channel.
7. Appointment to the posts at Sr.No.2, 7-11, 14,19,20,22 & 24 shall be co- terminus with the schemes in which these are provided.
8. The number of posts indicated in the advertisement may increase or decrease.
9. Minimum age of entry is 18 years and retirement age is 60 years for posts at Sr.No.1 to 28.
10. 3% of the posts mentioned at Sr No.3 to 26 are reserved for physically handicapped persons with 40% or more disability and the breakup of this reservation is as under:
i) Blindness of low vision : 1%
ii)Hearing Impairment 1%
iii)Locomotor disability or cerebral palsy (Ortho impaired): 1%
Attested copies of the Certificates regarding proof of handicapped and extent thereof, issued by Civil Surgeon of the district or place of which applicant is a permanent resident should be attached. It would also be certified in the medical certificate that the applicant is otherwise fit for the post he/she is applying for. However, if eligible persons are not found available in response to this advertisement, the posts will be filled out of other category/categories and the points meant for persons with disabilities shall be carried forward for being filled from future vacancies.
11 For posts at Sr.No.27 to 29 :25% and 12% posts are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Tribes & Backward Classes belonging to Punjab State respectively. 13% posts are reserved for Ex-servicemen and 3% posts are reserved for physically handicapped persons.
12 For the post at Sr.No.29: The procedure for selection shall be on the basis of written test. The candidate qualifying in the written test with at least 50% marks shall be called for interview. The merit list of the candidates to be selected for appointment shall be prepared on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by them in the written test for which 80 marks shall be allotted and marks obtained in interview for which 20 marks shall be allotted.
13.(For post at Sr.No.30): 20% & 5% posts are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Tribes/ Backward Classes and 15% and 3% posts are reserved for ex-servicemen and physically handicapped persons respectively. In case suitable persons from SC/ST/BC/Physically handicapped persons belonging to Punjab State and Ex-Servicemen are not available, the posts meant for them shall be thrown open to the other candidates.
14. For the post at Sr.No.29 & 30, Age: Not less than 18 years & not more than 35 years.
15. The details of qualifications and experience etc. are also available at PAU website http://pau.edu/advt01.doc