Southern Region (SR), Chennai-600027
A Category-1 'Mini Ratna' Public Sector Enterprise
Invites Applications for filling up of following posts in various Airports at Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Pondicherry and Lakshadweep of Southern Region by
SPECIAL RECRUITMENT DRIVE FOR 'SC', 'ST' AND PERSONS WITH
Junior Assistant (Fire Service) - 8 posts- ST
Junior Assistant (MT) Auto Mechanic - 1 post - ST
Assistant (Telephone) - 1 post - Visually Challenged
Senior Assistant (Engg.-Civil) - 1 post- SC
Senior Assistant (Statistics) 1 - Hearing Impaired
1) Junior Assistant (Fire Services): Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination of a recognized University / Board. Should possess valid Heavy Duty Motor Vehicle Driving Licence as per Motor Vehicles Act.
Physical Standard: Physique-Good, Minimum height-167cms. Minimum weight-55 Kgs., Chest-normal before expansion 81 cms., Minimum expansion-5cms. Eye Sightdistant vision-6/6 with each eye without glasses. Near vision-N-5 with each eye without glasses (visual evaluation is for each eye individually). Colour vision-should be normal as determined by Ischihara's charts. Night blindness-absent. Field of vision-Each Eye should have full field of vision as determined by confrontation test. Hearing-Normal, Speech- Normal. Refractive error-No refractive error is acceptable. Relaxation of 3 cms. in height and chest measurement and proportionate relaxation in weight will be allowed to Hilly area candidates on production of bonafide certificate from the Competent Authority. However minimum chest expansion must be 5 cms.
Disqualification: Knocking knee, bow legs, degree of squint eye, flat foot, physical deformity, suffering from chronic disease, any major operation by virtue of which his physical fitness to work in Fire Service has been impaired.
Experience: Experience in fire fighting and rescue operations desirable.
Selection Process: Recruitment will be done through physical measurements, written test, driving test, physical endurance test and interview. AAI will not be responsible for any injury caused during the course of test.
Training: Training will be imparted to successful candidates by AAI on Crash Fire Tenders (CFT). The candidates who do not qualify the CFT test will not be considered for appointment.
2) Junior Asistant (MT) - Auto Mechanic: 10th pass, ITI in Auto Mechanic Trade with two years relevant experience in the concerned discipline.
3) Assistant (Telephone): Graduate with related trade certificate with two years relevant experience in the concerned discipline
4) Senior Assistant (Engg.-Civil): Diploma in Civil Engg. with two years relevant experience in the concerned discipline
5) Senior Assistant (Statistics) PG in Economics / Statistics / Maths with two years relevant experience in the concerned discipline.
Maximum age 30 years as on 31st July 2009.
Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC & ST and 3 years for OBC candidates. Apart from the above, Persons with Disability (PWD) will be given further 10 years relaxation in age.
Upper age limit shall also be relaxed by the length of service increased by 3 years in the case of Ex-serviceman.
The pay scales are due for upward revision. In addition to the scale of pay, the posts cary other benefits as admissible under the Authority's Regulations viz, CPF, LTC, Gratuity, Group Insurance, Canteen Subsidy, Free Medical Benefits for self and dependents, leave Encashment, Uniform, HRD, Washing, Conveyance and Education Allowance, etc.
The extent of physical disability/deformity should be minimum 40% supported by a certificate of disability in the prescribed format issued by a board duly constituted by the Central/State Govt.
The qualification must be obtained from Government recognised Institutions/University.
How to Apply:
(1) Application in the prescribed format (with separate application for each post) along with the attested copies of certificates with regard to date of birth, qualification, category, experience and three recent passport size colour photographs (one pasted on the application format) may be sent to the Senior Manager (P&A), Airports Authority of India, Operational Offices, Southern Region, Meenambakkam,
Chennai-600027 within 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement.
(2) The Incomplete applications without copies of certificate etc. and those not conforming to the
job specifications as above and received later than the specified date will be rejected
(3) Mere fulfillment of requirements laid down in the advertisement does not guarantee/qualify
a candidate for test and interview
(4) The Management reserve the right/has the discretion not to fill any vacancy and to change the vacancy position depending upon the requirement
(5) The certificate of Scheduled Tribe / Scheduled Caste / Ex-Serviceman / Persons with Disability should be in the proper prescribed form and issued by the appropriate authority
(6) The candidates already in employment of state / central or Govt. undertakings / Autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel. Advance copy will not be entertained
(7) Candidates selected are likely to be posted anywhere in India on round the clock duty
(8) ANY ATTEMPT TO BRING OUTSIDE INFLUENCE FOR CONSIDERATION OF THE CANDIDATURE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WILL AMOUNT TO DISQUALIFICATION AND THE CANDIDATURE OF SUCH CANDIDATES WILL BE REJECTED
(9) The decision of the selection committee is not liable for challenge and same shall stand final and binding on each candidate
(10) No separate communication will be issued regarding results except to the selected candidates.
(11) Management will have discretion for rejecting any application without assigning any reasons and also to fix higher standard for calling candidates for written/trade test & interview and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained
(12) The candidates will have the option to use Hindi or English in answering the question papers (except paper in English if any) Visit us at: www.airportsindia.org.in or http://www.aai.aero/
Last date for receipt of application 12th August 2009