THE INDIAN NAVY INVITES FINAL YEAR ENGINEERING STUDENTS TO JOIN THE INDIAN NAVY AS SHORT SERVICE COMMISSIONED OFFICERS IN TECHNICAL BRANCHES UNDER UNIVERSITY ENTRY SCHEME (UES)
COURSE COMMENCING - JULY 2010
Last Date For Receipt Of Application 6th August, 2009
Applications are invited from unmarried candidates who fulfill eligibility condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Technical Branches of the Indian Navy under University Entry Scheme (UES), for course commencing July 2010.
Age. 19 to 24 years (i.e. born between 02 Jul 1986 to 01 Jul 1991, (both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualifications. Applicant should be studying in a recognised university with one of the following disciplines and should have obtained a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks till pre final year (upto VI semester)
Engineering Branch : Mechanical / Marine / Aeronautical / Production / Metallurgy (Only Men to apply)
Naval Architecture Cadre : Naval Architecture/ Civil/ Mechanical/ Metallurgy/ Aeronautical (Both Men and Women can apply)
Electrical Branch : Electrical/ Electronics/ Tele Communication / Instrumentation / Instrumentation and Control / Electronics and Instrumentation / Electronics and Communication/ Power Engineering / Control System Engineering / Power Electronics/ Computer Scinece Engineering (Only Men to apply)
Note:- (a) (i) Candidates in their last semester (i.e. eighth semester) or qualified their BE/B Tech degree are not eligible for this entry and need not to apply.
(ii) Candidate must have 60% marks in aggregate (I to VIII sem.) on passing Degree Certificate to be eligible for commission in the Indian Navy.
(b) Women candidate can only apply for Naval Architecure Cadre.
The candidates must be physically fit according to following physical standards:-
(a) Height and Weight. Minimum height - 157cms for men and 152 cms for women
with correlated weight.
(b) Eye Sight. 6/24, 6/24 correctable to 6/6 in each eye with glasses. The candidate should not be colour/night blind.
Terms & Conditions Of Service
The selected candidates will be appointed in the rank of Sub- Lieutenant on the date decided by IHQ-MoD(Navy). The candidates will be granted Short Service Commission (SSC). The candidates will be subject to an initial probationary period which will commence from the date of grant of the rank of Sub-Lieutenant and will terminate after two years from the date of their
reporting to the Indian Naval Academy. During the period from date of appointment to reporting for training, the individual will be entitled to half the basic pay of the rank, which will be payable as a lump-sum stipend at the time of joining Indian Naval Academy for training. The tenure of SSC officers will be for a period of 10 yrs, extendable by a further period of 04 yrs subject to service requirementsa and performance/willingness of the candidates. The Candidates who fail to qualify at the final graduation (aggregate 60%) will be discharged from service without any benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper (typed or handwritten) in the prescribed format duly completed in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Application For UES(Engineering/ Electrical/Naval Architecture Cadre-Men/Women” and “Name of College & city …………………………………………….”. Forward the application to the address as mentioned below, according to the place of location of your College/Institution, by Ordinary post only to reach latest by 06 Aug 09. Application sent through Regd. Post/Speed post/Courier/By Hand/ E-mail will not be accepted.
Ser No. Location of Candidate’s Application to be College/Institution forwarded to
(i) J&K, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Post Bag No. 04, UP, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Chanakyapuri PO Delhi, Chandigarh New Delhi – 110021
(ii) Maharashtra, Gujarat, Chattishgarh, The Flag Officer Goa, MP, Daman & Diu, Commanding-in-Chief Dadar & Nagar Haveli (for Command Recruitment Officer) Headquarters, Western Naval Command, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road, Mumbai-400 023
(iii) Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, The Flag Officer West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Commanding-in-Chief NE states, Sikkim & A&N Islands (for Command Recruitment Officer) Headquarters, Eastern Naval Command, Naval Base, Visakhapatnam- 530 014
(iv) Kerala, Karnataka, Tamilnadu, The Flag Officer Pondicherry and Commanding-in-Chief Lakshdweep & Minicoy (for Command Recruitment Officer) Headquarters, Southern Naval Command, Naval Base, Kochi-682004
Obtain signature of the principal on the declaration given at the end of the application. Application must be sent in the format given in this advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
Application must be accompanied by attested copies of:- (i) 10th standard certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates. (ii) Marks statement of all the six semesters.
Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/stitched by thread only. IHQ-MoD(Navy) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures if sent loose.
Short listed candidates will be called for Campus Interview at their own expense at centres as notified by IHQ-MoD (Navy)/Command Headquarters. The screening will be conducted by a Naval Selection Team, and candidates selected during campus interview will be called for SSB interview at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore between Dec 09 to Apr 10.
(a) Conduct of SSB. Stage I test consisting of Officer Intelligence Rating Test(OI&R Test), Picture Perception and Discussion test(PDPT) will be conducted on the first day. Candidate who fails to qualify in Stage I will be routed back home on the same day. Stage II tests will comprise of Psychological testing, Group Task, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. No compensation will be paid in case of any injury sustained as a result of tests. The duration of SSB
will be 05 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Special Medical Examination for approximate duration of 05 days at nearest military hospital.
(b) Change of SSB centre is not permissible. Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates is to be addressed to the Call-up Officer of the concerned Selection Centre with a copy to Directorate of Manpower Planning & Recruitment (OI&R), New Delhi, Tele Fax No: 011-23011282. Award of fresh dates, would be subject to availability of date and batches at SSB centre.
(c) Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in order of All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
(d) Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
The training is scheduled to commence in Jul 2010 at Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala.
Candidates finally selected for UES, will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and will undergo 20 weeks Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments.
Duties of The Technical Officier
Technical officer is responsible to maintain modern ships, submarines, aircraft and weapon systems. He also gets an opportunity to work ashore, in one of the most advanced Naval Dockyards and indigenous production units of the Navy. Engineering students of Naval Architecture, Mechanical, Civil, Aeronautical and Metallurgy discipline can opt for Naval Architecture Cadre.
The Naval Architecture Cadre offers excellent opportunities to keep abreast of the advancement in ship building technology. Technical officer’s career in Navy is interspersed with technical courses up to post graduation level in India/abroad.
The Navy Offers You
Promotions & Pay Scale: Promotion from Sub-Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows:-
Sub Lieutenant (SLt) PB-3/15600-39100 5400 6000
Lieutenant (Lt) PB-3/15600-39100 6100 6000
Lieutenant Commander (Lt Cdr) PB-3/15600-39100 6600 6000
Commander (Cdr) PB-4/37400-617000 8000 6000
Further Details And Application Visit
Jobs Month Wise
- KSKRA BRNS Fellowships | August 2009
- ALLAHABAD HIGH COURT | ARO Vacancies (468) August ...
- TNPSC Executive Officer Grade-III Vacancies | appl...
- TNPSC Medical Officers | apply Online | 2009
- RECRUITMENT OF JUNIOR COTTON PURCHASERS (102) @ C...
- TNPSC Executive Officer Grade-I Vacancies | Apply ...
- TNPSC Physical Education Vacancies (43) | Apply On...
- GEA Process Engineering (India) Pvt Ltd Block No 8...
- ANUSHA PROJECTS Requires Civil, Mechanical and Min...
- Army SSC Medical Corps Entry | July 2009
- IIFT Faculty job for WTO Studies Jul09
- AAI Job Vacancies | Chennai August 2009
- RBI Mumbai Officers Grade - B | Recruitments 2009
- Walk In @ NCAOR Goa | August 2009
- RGU Faculty Vacancies | August 2009
- CUTN Faculty Jobs | Tiruvarur | August 2009
- HEC Middle Level Officers | July 2009 | Apply Onli...
- HLL Engineering Vacancies | North India August 200...
- Veterinary/Agricultural Teaching Jobs @ SKUAST | ...
- IIT Bhubaneswar Job Vacancies August 2009
- APPSC Group-I Services Officers vacancy | Recruitm...
- Administrative Jobs @ Bose Institute Kolkata | Jul...
- BIET Job Vacancies @ Jhansi | August 2009
- IIT Kanpur Administration & Health Job Vacancies
- Bihar Administrative Positons @ Central University...
- MPSC Deputy Director Jobs | July 2009
- RIMSNR Staff Jobs in UP Rural Institute of Medical...
- Bangalore Railways Jobs | Walk In (RITES) | July ...
- SERC Scientist Vacancies Chennai | July 2009
- MGAHV Faculty Jobs July 2009
- Vacancies @ VSSC | ISRO | Thiruvananthapuram July ...
- Guest Faculty Vacancies @ Bundelkhand University J...
- Faculty Jobs @ Anna University | July 2009
- Rajiv Gandhi University Faculty Jobs | July 2009
- Walk In | guest Faculty | MBA @ Pondicherry Univer...
- Teacher jobs @ Ponducherry University | July 2009
- Walk In | Faculty Jobs @ Punjab University | July ...
- Faculty Jobs Bioinformatics / Comp. Science/ Maths...
- BPS Mahila Vishwavidyalaya Faculty Vacancies | Jul...
- JNTU Special Drive Faculty Vacancies | July 2009
- UPCS Recruitments | July 2009
- Army SSC Women Law Officers Jobs | Entry April 201...
- RPSC Pharma Faculty/Archivist/Town Planner Vacanci...
- JNTU Faculty vacancies @ Hyderabad | July 2009
- Walk In For Faculty Jobs @ DCRUST Haryana | July 2...
- SSB Technical Jobs (468), July 2009
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineers vacancies @ HC...
- Walk In | Faculty Jobs @ GJUST Haryana July 2009
- Walk In For Faculty Vacancies @ SLIET | Punjab Jul...
- IT Jobs @ Punjab Infotech July 2009 | Apply Online...
- Engineering/Executive Jobs Walk In 2009 @ Bureau V...
- Haryana PSC Dental Surgeon Jobs | July 2009
- Data Entry Operator Vacancies @ HUDA Haryana | Jul...
- Army Medical Corps (SSC) Jobs | July 2009
- Job Vacancies @ Shreyas Gramin Bank | July 2009
- Faculty vacancies @ Dr. BHIMRAO AMBEDKAR AGRA UNIV...
- Faculty Jobs @ Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya (GV...
- Job Vacancies @ Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) ...
- Vacancies @ Institute of Liver & Biliary Sciences ...
- Assistant Technical Officer Jobs @ University of M...
- Medical Officers Jobs ( 1396) @ MPSC | July 2009
- MPSC, Indutrial Officer (Technical) Jobs | July 20...
- MPSC Opthalmic Surgeon Vacancies, July 2009
- Production/Marketing Manager Jobs @ Maharashtra St...
- Delhi Assistant Professors Vacancies @ Kirori Mal ...
- Faculty vacancies @ BPUT, Orissa | July 2009
- BDL Hyderabad Administrative Posts | July 2009 | A...
- TCIL Delhi Jobs | July 2009
- Contract Teacher Jobs @ DoE, Delhi, July 2009
- Vacancies @ Assam University, JULY 2009
- Chandigarh IT Job Vacancies @ DOEACC | July 2009
- Scientist C Vacancy 2009 @ NARI Pune
- Teaching/Non Teaching Jobs @ SK University, AP | ...
- Quality Control officer Jobs @ IOCL, July 2009 | ...
- Administrative Officer Vacancies @ NIACL, Mumbai |...
- Stiphendary Trainee Vacancies @ BARC, July 2009
- Teaching And Non - Teaching Jobs @ CUJK, July 2009...
- ST Medical Officer Jobs (484) @ MPPSC | July 2009
- CSIR - CASE Exam Date Extended | 31st July 2009
- Vacancies @ NBRC, July 2009
- UPPSC Job Vacancies, July 2009
- Technical Jobs @ NGRI | July 2009
- MPPSC Statistical Offiicer Vacancies | July 2009
- Assistant Engineer Jobs @ MPPSC | July 2009 | Appl...
- Project Scientist Jobs @ NIOT, Chennai, July 2009
- Army SSC Technical Jobs, July 2009
- Technical Assistant Jobs @ ISRO, SHAR, Sriharikot...
- Faculty Vacancies @ EFL, July 2009
- Librarian Job @ Gauhati University, Gawhati, July ...
- Vacancies @ Manipal University, July 2009
- Facuty Jobs @ Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, July...
- Teaching Jobs @ Anna University, Chennai, July 200...
- Pune Engineer/Office Assistants Jobs @ NCCS | July...
- Jobs @ High Court, Delhi, July 2009
- Jobs @ DHFW Society, Kaithal | July 2009
- Assistant Jobs @ ISRO, July 2009| Apply Online
- IT Jobs @ IRDA, Hyderabad, July 2009
- Faculty Jobs @ NIRD, July 2009
- Non-academic Jobs @ NIRD, July 2009
- Lecturer Jobs Walk In @ NIT Jalander, July 2009
- ▼ July (161)