TAX ASSISTANT EXAMINATION-2009
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive examination on 13/12/2009 for recruitment to the posts of Tax Assistant Non - Gazetted Group C Ministerial Post in the various Commissionerates of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) in the pay scale of Rs.5200-20200 Grade Pay Rs.2400 all over country.
- No. of Vacancies : 904 posts [CBDT-278 (UR-149, SC-89, ST-14, OBC-76, Ex.SM-29, PH-11), CBEC-626 (UR-334, SC-99, ST-66, OBC127, Ex SM-26, PH-13)]
- Age : 20 to 27 years as on 30/10/2009. Relaxation for certain categories as per prevailing rules.
- Educational Qualification : Bachelor's Degree in any discipline (ii) Should possess a Data entry speed of 8000 key Depression per hour on computer.
- Written Exam : The Examination will consist of two stages/parts viz. Part-I : Written Examination carrying 300 marks, and Part-II : skill Test (Interview) carrying maximum of 100 marks.
- Part I (Written Exam) : the written exam will consist of two papers as Paper-I (General Awareness - 100 marks, General English 100 marks) and Paper-II (conventional Type - Arithmetic - 100 marks)
- Delhi,Jaipur ,Jodhpur,Kota, Udaipur, Dehradun, Almora, Alwar, Haldwani : Regional Director (NR), SSC, 5th Floor, Block No.12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Raod, New Delhi-110003
- Hyderabad, Vishakhapatnam, Chennai, Madurai, Guntur, Tirupati, Rajmundry, Coimbatore, Pondicherry, Kurnool, Tiruchirapalli and Tirunevelli : Regional Director (SR), SSC, E.V.K. Sampath College Raod, Chennai-600006
- Kolkata, Port Blair, Cuttack, Gangatok, Jalpaiguri, Midnapur, Cuttack, Koraput, Koraput, Sambalpur, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar : Regional Director (ER), SSC, 5, Esplanade Row West, Old Assembly Building, Ground Floor, Kolkata-700001
- Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Panji, Ahmedabad, Rajkot : Regional Director (WR), SSC, Army & Navy Building, 1st Floor, South Wing, Pratishtha Bhawan, Old CGO Complex, 101, M.G. Road, Mumbai-400020
- Allahabad, Patna, Lucknow, Bhagalpur, Gorakhpur, Agra : Regional Director (CR), SSC, 8-AB, Beli Raod, Allahabad-211002
- Guwahati (Dispur), Itanagar, Dibrugarh, Aizwal, Silchar, Imphal, Shillong, Kohima, Agartala : Regional Director (NER), SSC, Rukmini Nagar, P.O. Assam, Sachivalaya, Guwahati-781006
- Bangalore, Kochi, Dharwad, Mangalore, Gulbarga, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode and Trissur : Regional Director (KKR), SSC, 1st Floor, 2nd Block, 'E' Wing, Koramangala, Bangalore-560034
- Raipur, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Bhopal, Bilaspur, Jagdalpur, Rewa: Dy. Director (MPR), SSC, 'Nishant Villa', F.Jalvihar Colony, Raipur-492001
- Chandigarh, Shimla, Jammu, Srinagar, Jalandhar, Ambala, Hamirpur, Bathinda : Dy. Director (NWR), SSC, Block No.3, Ground Floor, Kendriya Sadan, Sector-9, Chandigarh-160017
Fee Payable : Rs.100/- (No fee for SC/ST/PH and Ex-Servicemen) by means of Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS) only, available at head post office all over the country.
How to Apply : Application in prescribed format should be sent to the Regional Offices of the SSC as mentioned above. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed as "APPLICATION FOR TAX ASSISTANT EXAM., 2009" and the name of the centre, code of the centre and category in capital letters on left side corner.
Last date of the submit of the application : 30/10/2009. Last date for candidate of far-flung area is 06/11/2009.
Further Info About Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Tax Assistant Exam 2009
Tax Assistant Exam syllabus