Shahjahan Road, New Delhi
Examination Notice No. 02/2010-CDS-I
F. 8/1/2009-E.I(B)-A Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I), 2010 including SSC (Women Non-Technical) Course
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I), 2010 on 14th February, 2010 for admission to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy amd Air force Academy for the Cources commencing in January, 2011 and Officers Training Academy, Chennai for the cources (Men and Women) commencing in April, 2011.
- Indian Military Academy Dehradun 130th Course Commencing in January, 2011 [includes 32 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]- 250 posts
- Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, course commencing in January 2011 Executive (Hydro/General service) [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)] - 40 posts
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in January 2011 i.e. No.189th F(P) Course - 32 posts
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai 93rd SSC Course (for men) commencing in April 2011 - 175 Posts
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) 7th SSC Women Non-Technical Course commencing in April 2011 - 10 Posts
Conditions of Elgibility
(A) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:
- For Indian Military Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January 1992 only are eligible.
- For Naval Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 (2nd January, 1987 in case of NCC Naval wing 'C' certificate holders) and not later than 1st January 1992 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st January 1992 only are eligible.
- For Officers' Training Academy - (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (Unmarried or Married) born not earlier than 2nd January, 1986 and not later than 1st January 1992 only are eligible.
- For Officers Training Academy - SSC (Women Non- Technical) Course : (a) Unmarried Women, issue less widows who have not remarried, and issue less divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been not earlier than 2nd January, 1986 and not later than 1st January, 1992.
(B) Educational Qualifications:
- For Indian Military Academy and Officers' Training Academy : Degree of a recognized university or equivalent.
- For Naval Academy : B.Sc. (with Physics & Mathematics ) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized university (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
- Candidates who are studying in final year Degree Course and yet to pass final year degree examination or equivalent examination can also apply for the Examination, but they will be required to submit proof of passing the Degree Examination or equivalent examination by the specified dates.
(C) Physical Standards: candidates must be physically fit according to the physical standards for admission to combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I), 2010 as prescribed in the detailed advertisement.
Application form: The candidates must apply in the Common Application Form devised by the commission for its examination, which can be purchased from the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices throughout the country against cash payment of Rs. 20/-.
Fee : Rs. 100/- through Central Recruitment Fee Stamp only. SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of fees. OBC candidates are required to pay full fees.
How to Apply : All applicants must reach the "Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur house, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi - 110069" either by hand or by Post/Speed Post only or by Courier, on or before 26th October, 2009.
1. CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION:
The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility condition for admit on to examination. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions
Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
Commission take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for interview/Personality Test.
2. APPLICATION FORM :Candidates must apply in the Common Application Form devised by the Commission for its examination, which can be purchased from the Designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices (specified in Appendix III of the notice) throughout the country against cash payment of Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty only). Each such form can be used only once and only for one examination.
In case of any difficulty in obtaining Application Forms from the designated HPOs/POs, the candidates should immediately contact the concerned post Master or UPSC's "FORMS SUPPLY MONITORING CELL" over Telephone No. 011-23389366/FAX No. 011-23387310.
Candidates are advised to read carefully the "Instructions for filling up the Application Form" given in Appendix-II of this notice.
3. LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS :
All applications must reach the "Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi - 110069" either by hand or by Post/Speed Post or by Courier, on or before the 26th October, 2009.
Candidates should note that applications will be received by hand, only one at a time, at the designated counters and not in bulk, till 5 PM only.
However, in respect of candidates residing abroad or in certain remote localities specified in para 6 of this Notice the last date for receipt of application by Post/Speed Post only (not by Hand or by Courier) is 3rd November, 2009.
4. PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS:
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
5. FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES :
In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC's Facilitation Counter near gate 'C' of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
6. MOBILE PHONES BANNED :
(a) Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
(b) Candidates are advised in their own interest not be bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safekeeping cannot be assured.
7. Candidates are advised not bring any valuables/costly items to the examination halls, as safe keeping of the same cannot be assured. Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.